Monday, June 05, 2006

A NEW DIET

Ahh.. one finds the strangest muses. Things of exceptional beauty, of wonderful noise or of thrilling adventure. I found my muse in my hunger. Let me explain. Today is my inaugural day, starting a new diet. My objective is to lose at least 5 kilos, and take control of my body in a way I have never done before. All this Boot Camping I have been doing has raised my fitness levels and I feel my body getting stronger. However, I can still do with a few kilos shed of my mid section. Maybe there is a ripping six-pack hidden away under all that fat. So, I have signed up with Vince to do what is called "Metabolic Profilling". It's basically a diet which does a couple of things. First off, let me say that this is not a fad diet. Its a long term change in the way I eat and I should be better for it in the long term. Losing weight is a wonderful by product.

First, I takes into account the kind of metabolic profile you are. People are generally protein or carb efficient. Some do fall in between (that is a different story). This will tell you what to eat and what not to eat according to what your body is most effiecient in metabolising. What isn't metabolised gets stored! Secondly, it makes you eat healthier and more aware of what we consume. I guess McD's has lost my custom. Hahaha..

Anyways, I have decided to post my journal pertaining to my Metabolic Profiling diet here for all to see.

Day 1.
I find it very funny that I feel totally hungry all the time. The meals that I have eaten can be considered fairly large. Try eating 1 and one half cups of oats. Its pretty filling. Two hours later, I had an apple, and another two ought hours flew by when I had lunch which comprised of a healthy (1 cup) protion of rice, 2 cups of veg and some baked chicken breast. I once said, that I like my breasts in between satin sheets, and I guess my past has come back to haunt me. Then came the cellery sticks with a some peanut butter. OK. The point is, this more food than I normally consume anyway. A lot blander, but in term of volume, pretty compaarable to my normal diet. In fact, I felt absolutely fine when in Phuket on a recent business trip. Being awfully busy meant eating next to nothing for hours at end. And yet I did not feel the hunger I feel right now as I write this entry. Maybe its the water. We have to consume half a reservoir of water a day. More water than an average Kalahari Dessert dweller consumes in a month I am sure. Maybe the water does more than help the body remove toxins and such. As a side effect, the water actually makes our digestive system more effective, hence the quickening of our stomach's ability to digest the food available. I am most interested to see what come out of my rear tomorrow morning. If copius amounts of crap emerges, then I must be wrong in my assumptions. So I am hungry. Very hungry.

No comments: